before you go
Rate: $75.00 a night (plus tax)
Check in and out time: 12 PM (noon)
Please leave the place like you would want to find it, swept out and with dry kindling by the stove. Pack all trash/food out with you when you go (the yurts and all bear buckets, boxes, and containers are NOT trash receptacles).
At a minimum, all yurts should have the following: 4 sleeping platforms with pads, a bucket, a 5 gallon water container, a wood saw, a splitting maul, a broom and dust pan, a wood stove in the center of the yurt, a single burner camp stove (propane not provided), and a bear proof food locker or hanging buckets away from the yurts.
There is also an outhouse within 100 feet of each yurt. Outhouses are maintained and stocked with toilet paper, however it is best to bring an extra roll or two just in case.
We maintain the yurts as often as possible, but sometimes items have a way of disappearing so PLEASE BE PREPARED. Let us know if your yurt does not have the above items.
All of the yurts are dog-friendly, but please be prepared to clean up after your furry friend.
Booking and Payments:
If you are having trouble booking or paying for a yurt rental, please contact us. Please note we use Paypal to process payments, however if you do not have a Paypal account you can choose to pay by credit card. Once you have reached the first Paypal page in the payment process, you will see two headings: "Pay with my Paypal account" and "Don't have a Paypal account?". Choose the second options and enter your information.
Once you have paid you will receive two confirmation emails, one confirming payment from Paypal and one from Alaskan Yurt Rentals that includes your reservation details. If you do not receive the second email, please check your spam folder.
For the best experience, please come prepared with the following items.
○ Drinking water, toilet paper, bug repellent, first aid kit, lantern/flashlight, tide book, waterproof matches
○ Dishes, cookware, utensils, and a small propane canister (if you wish to use the one burner camp stove provided)
○ Firewood! Please bring a bundle with you or be prepared to find it on your own. The forests across the bay are often wet, so it's best to bring dry kindling, newspaper, and a lighter as well. Each yurt will have a saw and an ax for harvesting firewood if needed. We also stock a cardboard box of small starter wood in the yurts as often as possible.
○ Sleeping bags and bedding (sleeping pads are provided)
○ Extra clothes, rain gear, and enough food for 1 day past your intended pick up date. Kachemak Bay weather can come up suddenly, impacting water taxi accessibility to the yurts.
There has been increased bear activity in the park. Please maintain a clean camp, and prepare/store trash in a manner that does not attract bears. If the rangers inspect your camp, you may be fined $300 for improper handling of trash/food.
Cancellations made prior to 14 days before your reservation will receive a full refund, less a 3% Paypal fee. Between 3 and 14 days, we will issue a credit to be used at a time convenient for you within the next year. Less than 3 days is a forfeit. You are always welcome to find someone to take over your reservation if you are unable to use it.